In a Nutshell:
GADITEK is in search of an Engineering Manager to lead a team of software architects and teams, and direct the Software Development functions in one of its core business units.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be leading a team of software architects and multiple software teams. You will partner closely with business counterparts to revolutionize the software delivery and support experiences. You will be responsible for directing the Software Development function including strategic planning, product delivery and reliability, creating a high performing CFTs via effective and efficient resource allocation, and ensuring the continued growth and success of the software capabilities and products.
Why is this role important for Gaditek's work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is crucial for maintaining our competitive edge and ensuring continued success and growth of the software capabilities and products.
Once you are here, you will:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this role.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating engineering resources and processes.
- Manage engineering teams in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably skilled and trained to perform all job functions
- Supervise performance reviews of engineers
- Responsible for the career development of engineers and the engineering leadership
- Work closely with the engineering leadership to improve their leadership skills by mentoring and coaching and provide timely feedback to improve their performance.
- Responsible to maintain effective coordination and collaboration among the leadership roles in the engineering function.
- Responsible for optimal allocation of engineering resources across different teams keeping product goals/objectives in mind.
- Support to recruit engineering personnel and teams formation
- Responsible to work with HR to create job postings, screen resumes and interview candidates.
- Help HR in making the recruitment process effective and efficient particularly for hiring engineers.
- Supervise engineering deliverables
- Provide support to the key stakeholders (CTO, Sr. Architects etc.) in preparation of Technology roadmap
- Responsible to understand problems related to the engineering processes and provide effective and efficient solutions based on agile principles.
- Ensure successful implementation of best suitable engineering practices and processes like unit testing, code reviews, release management etc.
- Work closely with agile coach/agile managers and assist them in the implementation of agile processes.
- Manage expectations of the engineering team and other stakeholders by effectively communicating within your team, peers and with the management.
- Building and managing multi-disciplined (CFT) software teams and overseeing the development processes using industry best practices
- Responsible for implementing design reviews and code reviews, motivating and mentoring the software development team
- Participate in technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to build and maintain a scalable software platform
- Lead and grow the Build & Release Engineering team, including hiring engineers in multiple engineering offices, helping to shape our DevOps transformation.
- Foster collaboration between the Build & Release Engineering team and other engineering teams.
What does Gaditek offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Capable of identifying potential gaps in communication and taking necessary remedial measures.
- Possesses excellent writing skills and is able to effectively conduct training sessions for a wide variety of audience.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remain at the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Ensures early identification of potential technical and non-technical issues within the team and brings them to effective closure.
- Capable of leading multiple teams across multiple projects. Proven track record of leading initiatives with successful results.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Planning & Organizing
- Able to effectively delegate tasks to team members where required.
- Capable of developing, reviewing and monitoring plans for implementation of all required product features for the entire team
- Able to satisfactorily manage expectations with regards to any assignment through effective planning and organization of required tasks.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentors developers through formal and informal channels.
- Seek and participates in personal development opportunities above and beyond training
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Lead internal teams/task forces.
- Review the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Comply with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- At least sixteen years of academic education with a bachelor’s degree in any of the project management / software development related disciplines.
- A master’s degree in Project management / software development discipline will be preferred.
- Any renowned certifications in related technologies.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any relevent work samples