In a Nutshell:
GADITEK is searching for a QA Engineer to help our team design, develop and deliver world-class software solutions while taking an active and hands-on approach to assisting the Lead QA Engineer to develop, drive, and implement high-level test strategies.
In this role, you will facilitate in the design and development of reliable, scalable, and maintainable test automation to validate complex features under the supervision of Lead QA Engineer.
You will also collaborate with developers to diagnose, debug, and perform root-cause analysis of issues and defects as well as work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards the achievement of team, department, and company goals.
Why is this role important for Gaditek's work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
We believe engineers at any level can have a significant technical and business impact as they can humanize technology by creating seamless, empathic, and customer-centric software. BUT without the right QA Engineers on our team, our software will never deliver such experiences for the end-users.
Therefore, we rely on our QA Engineers to be the right-hand men of our Leads and aid them to ensure that the software delivers on the vision conceptualized by developers and engineers. We need you to keep a keen eye out for both minor and major changes, and either jump in or sound the alarms so that our products deliver both world-class results and experiences.
Once you are here, you will:
- Plan and execute the testing of new features.
- Perform UI, Regression, ad-hoc, functionality and performance testing.
- Utilize JIRA to create scenarios, execute tests and log defects based on user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Support Production release by performing regression testing and end-to-end testing for the new features addressed in the release.
- Execute functional cross-browser testing both on Desktop and on mobile.
- Review and provide feedback on user stories.
- Assists in providing estimates to Web Producer and Stakeholders.
- Triage the bugs and have a list of P1s ready for discussion during standups.
- Write automation testing in Java, TestNG, Selenium for Frontend, REST/Services and database.
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, automation frameworks to increase efficiency, re-usability, and flexibility. Enhancements & maintenance of framework.
- Automate API testing.
- Automate native mobile app testing.
- Automate web UI testing.
- Work closely with product owners, engineers, and team members to identify areas and methods to help improve testing efficiency, expand coverage and increase product reliability.
What does Gaditek offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Experience in an e-commerce/SaaS company.
- Manual scenario writing and testing experience. Knowledge & expertise in Cucumber/ Risk Assured / Selenium / APPIUM.
Problem Solving Skills and Improvements
- Anticipating problems and their timely escalation
- Apply new/innovative methods to improve operations and streamline procedures
- Ability to solve problems rather than symptoms
- Clever and imaginative when confronted with obstacles
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations within Teams and other employees of the organization.
- Able to understand and respond back to written emails, tasks, and reports in English
- Consistently promotes and maintains a harmonious/productive work environment
- Is respected, trusted and viewed as a role model.
- Sharing information/ideas with the team members
- Establishes effective working relationships
- Mentoring to the junior team members
- Ability to supervise junior team members
- Ability to work with advance mathematical equations and logics.
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram formats.
- Considerable responsibility with regards to general assignment in planning time, method, manner and sequence of performance of own work.
- Planning/organizing necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help find bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Eager participation in planning and estimation of tasks
- Develops workable action plans and their effective use
- Meeting deadlines for the Quarter and Sprint
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Shares learning experience with peers
- Responds quickly to new instructions, situations, methods, and procedure
- Promotes a learning culture
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any relevent work samples