In a Nutshell:
GADITEK is hunting for a process-focused Senior DevOps Engineer who loves high-performing DevOps environment to help us build, deploy, and manage mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, deploying, and managing mission-critical applications in a cross-functional setting to ensure the delivery of reliable software solutions. We are looking for a process-focused individual and a team builder who is excited to work in a fast-paced and highly rewarding cross-functional environment.
Why is this role important for Gaditek's work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is mission-critical to the success and growth of our product and service offerings and ensuring successful and timely delivery of reliable software solutions.
Once you are here, you will:
- Become part of a highly-driven professional teams responsible for planning, deploying and maintaining mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments
- Be responsible for developing components that combine together to solve real-world problems.
- Work with proven and emerging technologies to continuously improve our products and platforms.
- Consistently improve your skills by learning, experimenting with new solutions and technologies. Once you have acquired a skill, you will then transfer your skills to your team.
What does Gaditek offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this role.
- Experience working on at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean are preferred).
- Proven track record of working in a dedicated Devops environment and an appreciation of the DevOps culture.
- In-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment.
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one Infrastructure as Code / Configuration as Code technology (such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, microservices. Knowledge of enabling tools such as Kubernetes will be a plus point.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- Experience with agile methods.
- Good understanding of CI/CD tools and technologies (such as Jenkins)
- Passion for learning new technologies and implementing high-value software solutions.
Additional Things That Can Give You An Edge
- Expertise in Python and Bash Scripting
- Experience working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across: UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A love for Linux
How We will Support You:
- You will receive mentorship by experts in a wide range of disciplines
- A well-defined career path and all the guidance you need to grow toward your career goals.
- Offer opportunities to work in cross-functional and multi-discipline squads, if you want to learn something new
- A positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love technology
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any relevent work samples