In a Nutshell:
GADITEK is hunting for a Senior Software Engineer who can team up with our Lead Software Engineer and assist him in delivering reliable software solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting the lead software engineer as they work together to deliver reliable software solutions, write impeccable code while ensuring all best engineering practices are followed, and ensure task needs are met and successfully delivered. You will be expected also be acting as an assistant to Lead Software Engineer, taking ownership of assigned development tasks from the inception to delivery.
Why is this role important for Gaditek's work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is critical to the success and growth of our product and service offerings and ensuring successful and timely delivery of reliable software solutions.
Once you are here, you will:
- Be involved in a number of development & implementation. You will work with Software Engineers, Business Analysts and System Support staff as directed the Lead Software Engineer.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Work closely with Lead Software Engineer and Business Teams to estimate work efforts on ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Will be involved in the full software development life-cycle in coordination with other engineers, QA, and designers and should be confident and adept in articulating ideas in a clear, well thought out manner.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Ensure that code meets specifications. Write code that is easily maintainable. You will debug own code for preliminary testing and must practice standard software development methodologies.
- Code, test, and implement configuration changes to software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
- Generate innovative ideas and support new ideas or approaches that enhance service.
- Ensure that all architectural/coding guidelines are followed by all team members you’re working with.
- Provide guidance to and review the work of other team members as well as investigate ways to potentially improve existing code and implement improvements.
- Participate in requirements debriefing and finalizing requirements.
- Participate in root-cause analysis, communicate options for resolution and provide recommendations to customer-facing technology problems.
- Assist in providing ballpark estimates for prioritization.
- Write unit-test code and perform unit-tests on the developed software.
- Understand and execute the unit test plans and document results properly. Investigate, analyze and report any corrective action on reported defects.
- Coordinate with peers and Architects for accurate and recommended development approaches for assigned tasks.
Work at the direction of the Architect from a development practices perspective. This includes but is not limited to following:
- Design/Architectural guidelines
- Applicable software coding conventions
- Source/Configuration management procedures
- Testing practices
What does Gaditek offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this role.
- At least sixteen years of academic education with a bachelor’s degree in any of the software development related disciplines.
- Minimum Experience – 4 year of professional experience as Software Engineer or similar capacity.
- Maximum Experience – 6 year of professional experience as Software Engineer or similar capacity.
- LAMP Stack
- Web Services
- Analytical Ability / Problem Solving
- Adaptable to changes
- Effective communicator
- Able to understand and respond back to written emails, tasks and reports in English
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and any relevent work samples